You will need:
- masking tape
- 2 clean plastic 2-liter bottles
- craft knife
- fabric tape measure
- push pin
- towel (optional)
- 12 inch purse zipper
- embroidery needle and floss
- wine cork
- paint brush and green acrylic paint
- googly eyes
- To make the frog, wrap masking tape around the 2-liter bottles about 2 1/2 inches from the bottom. To make the taller frog, place the tape about 3 1/2 inches from the bottom. With a craft knife or scissors, cut each bottle along the tape’s top edge (a parent’s job).
- Using the tape measure, mark 1/2 inch increments all around the tape, about 1/4 inch from the cut edge. Punch a hole through each mark with the push pin. (Tip: work on a folded towel to keep the plastic from slipping.) Remove the masking tape.
- Close the zipper and wrap it around 1 bottle, using small pieces of tape to hold it in place. Thread the needle with 40 inches of floss, then knot the end, leaving a 3 inch tail. Sew the zipper to the bottle, starting from the inside and pulling the thread in and out of the punched holes. Remove the tape as you go. At the end, knot the floss and tie both tails together, then trim off the excess floss. Open the zipper and sew it to the 2nd bottle in the same way.
- To make the eyes, use the craft knife to cut the cork in 1/2. Cut a section from each piece, to make a flat edge (a parent’s job). Paint the corks and let them dry, then glue on googly eyes. Glue the flat edge of the eyes to the bottle.
From Disney FamilyFun Magizine edition April 2010